Here is a list of the phone numbers that you can call in the event of an after hours claim:
Aviva – 1-866-692-8482
Dominion of Canada (Travelers) – 1-800-661-5522
Echelon – 1-866-931-0570
Economical – 1-800-607-2424
Facility – 1-800-319-9993
Guarantee Company of North America – 1-800-265-4262
Hagerty – 1-866-692-8482
Howick – 1-888-346-6610
Intact – 1-866-464-2424
Jevco – 1-866-864-1112
McKillop – 1-877-488-6642
Perth - 1-800-607-2424
Trillium – 1-800-235-8784
In case of an accident:
- Call police or ambulance immediately if anyone is injured.
- If another vehicle is involved, write down the name, address and phone number of the owner of the vehicle. You should also get the licence plate number, make and model of the other vehicle involved. If the driver does not own the vehicle make sure you have their information as well.
- Record the names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Do not make any statements to anyone regarding the accident except the police or an authorized insurance company representative.
- Report full details promptly to your insurance broker – in the event that the claim happens after business hours please refer to the list of numbers provided.
- If possible take photos of the accident scene – including damage to vehicle.
- Obtain a copy of the police report with the report number and officers name and badge number.
- Make every effort you can to prevent further damage.
- Wait until you have spoken to an adjuster before tearing apart any areas of damage or initiating repairs – unless needed to prevent further damage – then please make sure you take photos before starting.